The hotel, tourism and leisure sector has always been dynamic and highly competitive. However in the last number of years it has undergone significant changes, expanding rapidly and then suffering hugely with the onset of the economic downturn.
Large increases in supply have exerted continuous downward pressure on prices with no fall off on the service level and quality expected by consumers. Technological changes mean pricing models and marketing strategies have to be constantly reviewed to ensure they are not only engaging customers but remain relevant to a market that is moving more and more online.
We have advised some of the largest hotel operators in the country as well as smaller boutique operators. We are familiar with the full range of opportunities and challenges – not just those specific to the sector but also determined by factors such as the location, branding and structure of the business.
As tax experts, corporate financiers and auditors with many years’ experience advising the hospitality sector we can provide the full range of advisory services, including:
- Operational / trading advisory
- Taxation advisory
- Audit and assurance services
- Financial and business restructuring
- Strategic planning, including redevelopment and divestiture
- Transaction advisory e.g. valuations, due diligence, sale of businesses, acquisitions
- Reviews including feasibility, banking, performance reviews