Mergers and acquisitions, while less prevalent during a downturn, can still form an important part of a business’s growth strategy. With the scarcity of capital and contractions in the domestic market - and in many international markets – merging with or acquiring competitors can be a successful method of ensuring survival.
We have worked with our clients on a range of M&A projects, from large deals with overseas agents to smaller regional mergers securing a domestic market. Our approach and mentality is the same regardless of size – plan it well, structure it soundly and effect it cleanly and expeditiously.
We work with our clients to add more to the transaction than just checking the numbers, we:
- Develop the acquisition strategy and identify targets
- Advise on the strategic fit of a business by evaluating potential synergies
- Assess the risks and measure the transaction implications
- Investigate the pricing structure
- Project manage the deal including negotiations and drafting terms