At HLB McKeogh Gallagher Ryan we recognise that our people are our greatest asset. We understand that the quality of our service is dependent on the quality of the individuals within our team. We take pride in our employees and ensure that they have the skills to advise on all aspects of business.
TAX TRAINEE VACANCY
We are recruiting for a recent graduate to join our busy tax team, undertaking the Irish Taxation Institute’s professional exams to become a Chartered Tax Consultant (CTA). We pride ourselves in recruiting the best graduates and in return we provide an open and supportive culture with great potential for career growth. We invest in our people and throughout our training programmes our objective is to support our trainees to achieve their professional qualification through induction, training programmes, mentoring and coaching.
We offer a three-year tax training contract based around on-the-job training, which is tiered each year so trainees build on both their work experience and study courses, gaining responsibility and challenges as their confidence grows. All trainees are mentored by senior staff and always have someone they can go to with any query (large or small) in an informal and friendly way. Trainees are core members of each project team and work with senior tax consultants on a range of live projects including compliance, tax planning, restructuring across all tax heads. Our trainees are trained and trusted to interact with clients, government agencies and other professional service firms. We also pride ourselves on our open door policy and direct access for all staff to the partners.
This position is scheduled to start in Autumn 2015.
In a nutshell we provide:
- An exciting opportunity to train in a firm offering hands-on, practical and varied experience.
- A commitment to assist trainees in reach their full potential through a supportive and friendly working environment.
- Practical expert training to help trainees succeed in their professional exams and future career.
- Paid exam and course fees.
- Subsistence expenses for attending courses outside Limerick.
- Significant study and exam leave.
- Self-development and technical training.
Tax trainee job description
We are looking for a motivated, highly numerate graduate with an excellent academic record in tax, accounting and other technical subjects such as finance, statistics, economics who possesses the ability to apply this learning in an analytical manner.
Tax trainees work on a range of assignments including:
- Tax compliance, you will be exposed to all the tax heads.
- Restructuring projects: reconstruction and reorganisation of businesses, personal holdings etc.
- Insolvency projects: assisting our insolvency team to assess the tax obligations of businesses in liquidation or receivership and the tax implications of various restructuring strategies.
- R&D credits and intellectual property.
- Company set ups.
- Termination payments.
- Pension planning.
- Succession planning.
- EIIS fundraising.
Key responsibilities include:
- Liaising with clients and third parties.
- Interacting with Revenue – sourcing information and responding to queries.
- Assisting managers with specific technical queries.
- Compiling tax returns.
- Drafting advisory letters.
- Researching new legislation.
Key skills we look for:
- Logical thinker.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic.
- Good communicator.
- Good writing skills.
- Professional attitude.
- Ambition to succeed.
- Pride in the quality of your work.
Application is by cover letter and CV. Selected candidates only will be called for interview.
Please include in your application:
- Why you are interested in pursuing a career in tax.
- Any relevant work experience.
- College subjects and grades for each year. Ideally we are looking for students with exceptional results in quantitative, accounting, analytical and computational subjects at undergraduate or post-graduate level.
- Leaving Certificate subjects, grades and points. Ideally we are looking for students with either honours in higher level mathematics or an A in ordinary level mathematics in the Leaving Certificate.
- Details (subjects and results) of any professional exams already undertaken.
Please email applications to Eimear Quin email@example.com