Careers at HLB McKeogh Gallagher Ryan – THIS POSITION IS CLOSED
At HLB McKeogh Gallagher Ryan, we recognise that our people are our greatest asset. We understand that the quality of our service is dependent on the quality of the individuals within our team. We take pride in our employees and ensure that they have the skills to advise on all aspects of business, fully supported by an experienced team, with manager and partner oversight.
As a dynamic progressive firm we have major expansion plans over the next 3-5 years. We are currently recruiting for an experienced Tax Consultant to join our growing Tax Department. This role is based in our Limerick office.
Current Vacancy – tax consultant
HLB McKeogh Gallagher Ryan is a leading provider of taxation compliance and advisory services. We provide the full range of taxation services including individual and corporate compliance, tax consultancy, debt restructuring, succession and estate planning, tax investment schemes (EIIS), tax planning, overseas transaction advice, international tax assignments.
We work across a wide variety of sectors and for clients of different sizes including companies in the SME sector, partnerships, sole traders, professional service firms, family-owned businesses, limited companies and high net worth individuals.
This is a full-time permanent role subject to a 6-month probation period. The role is for an experienced consultant managing their own client load and providing a range of technical advisory services to corporate and individual clients.
Application is by cover letter and CV. Selected candidates only will be called for interview.
Please email applications to Eimear Quin firstname.lastname@example.org
The Role Specification
This is a client-facing role, based in our Limerick office. The candidate will be part of a close-knit multi-disciplinary tax team responsible for their own clients and reporting to the management team. The role will cover all tax heads and involves:
- Providing a high calibre service to a portfolio of corporate and personal clients
- Advising on bespoke tax planning assignments and implementation of same
- Working on debt restructuring advisory assignments
- Providing general financial planning advice
- Working on international tax assignments
- Working on Revenue audits – advising clients and representing them with Revenue
- Advising on ad hoc technical consultancy queries
- Legislation and tax research
- Working to tight deadlines
- Supervising a team of tax trainees and juniors
The Candidate Specification
The ideal candidate will have 2 years post qualification experience in a Big4 or medium-sized practice and be responsible for their own client list.
They must be comfortable multi-tasking; reporting to more than one supervisor; working on multiple assignments across a range of tax heads. The role requires strong technical analysis.
- AITI / CTA qualification
- Minimum 2 years post-qualification experience
- Tax generalist i.e. wide exposure across all tax heads
- Technically strong, adept at researching legislation and delivering bespoke tax advice
- Comfortable training, supervising and delegating to staff
- Highly organised, adaptable and flexible
- Possessing a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to meet tight working deadlines
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to nurture positive working relationships with co-workers and clients
- ACA / ACCA qualified
- Strong IT skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, ROS)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Opportunity to develop a career path in a new firm undergoing major growth and expansion
- Varied and challenging role with scope to develop your skill set
- Competitive salary