At MGR Accountants, we recognise that our people are our greatest asset. We understand that the quality of our service is dependent on the quality of the individuals within our team. We take pride in our employees and ensure that they have the skills to advise on all aspects of business.
As a dynamic progressive firm we have major expansion plans over the next 3-5 years. We are currently recruiting for a qualified accountant to join our growing Business Advisory & Corporate Recovery Department. This role is based in our Limerick office.
- THIS POSITION IS CLOSED
Here in MGR Accountants we are a leading national provider of business advisory and corporate recovery services.
We are currently involved in a significant number of high profile corporate recovery assignments including liquidations, non-trading and trading receiverships.
Our advisory services include independent business reviews, debt advisory, authoring business plans, financial monitoring. In the advisory area we work across a wide variety of sectors and for clients of different sizes. We work closely with all of Ireland’s leading lending institutions and NAMA.
This is initially a twelve-month contract and will be reviewed thereafter. Applicants should have successfully completed their professional exams, having trained in a large or medium-sized accountancy firm in either audit or insolvency. Insolvency experience will be considered an advantage.
THE ROLE SPECIFICATION
- Responsibility for planning and carrying out insolvency, restructuring and advisory projects
- Carrying out financial analysis and financial investigations
- Collation of financial information and preparation of detailed financial reports on distressed clients both for (and on behalf of) financial institutions and clients
- Preparation of detailed reports for clients, financial institutions, and third parties
- Carrying out in-depth analysis of projects and businesses and preparation of recommendations
- Running of a distressed business as part of an insolvency appointment
- Management of insolvency/turnaround/forensic projects, working as part of a dedicated insolvency team reporting directly to the appointment taker
- Working directly with professionals in legal, property and other fields
- Working directly with the client to ensure the assignment is being managed in line with their expectations and agreed timeframe
- Carrying out financial / fraud investigations where necessary
- Managing liquidation assignments ensuring all statutory reporting requirements are adhered to
- Work is project-based, time-driven and covers a broad spectrum of industries and companies with on-site visits and travel required, there is a focus on the property and hospitality sectors
THE CANDIDATE SPECIFICATION
- The ideal candidate will have one to two years PQE as a qualified accountant ideally with experience in a restructuring and insolvency role. We will also consider newly qualified applicants with relevant experience
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of financial statements
- Excellent report writing and Excel skills
- Financial modelling skills are desirable but not essential
- Aptitude to handle people and businesses operating in distressed circumstances
- Excellent problem solving skills with a practical hands-on approach
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with very good report writing ability
- Inquisitive mind who has an interest in and familiarity with Company Law
- Aptitude in financial investigations and financial analysis
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Highly motivated, energetic and professional
- Works well in a close knit team while carrying individual responsibilities
► Opportunity to join a new firm experiencing major growth and expansion
► Varied and hands-on experience working on high-profile projects with experienced and respected practitioners
► Competitive salary
► Challenging role with each new assignment offering new experiences and the chance to build your commercial skill set
► Excellent training – open door policy with involved and approachable partners
► Training courses provided and supported
Application is by cover letter and CV. Selected candidates only will be called for interview.
Please email applications to Eimear Quin email@example.com