In HLB McKeogh Gallagher Ryan we recognise that our people are our greatest asset. We understand that the quality of our service is dependent on the quality of the individuals within our team. We take pride in our employees and ensure that they have the skills to advise on all aspects of business.
CAREERS WITH US
We have an exciting opportunity for a recent graduate to secure an audit training contract with a young and fast-growing accountancy firm. We are offering a three-and-a half-year audit training contract with Chartered Accountants Ireland. Our audit training is based around on-the-job training, which is tiered each year so trainees build on both their work experience and study courses, gaining responsibility and challenges as your confidence grows. Trainees are mentored by senior staff so you always have someone you can go to with any query (large or small) in an informal and friendly way. Trainees are core members of each project team and work with senior team members on a range of live projects, interacting with clients, government agencies and other professional service firms. We also pride ourselves on our open door policy and direct access for all staff to our partners.We pride ourselves in recruiting the best graduates and in return we provide an open supportive culture and potential for a career path. We invest in our people. Our objective is to support you in achieving your professional qualification through induction, training programmes, mentoring and coaching.
The position is due to start in September 2016.
► An exciting opportunity to train in a firm where you will benefit from hands on, practical and varied experience.
► A commitment to assist you in reaching your full potential through a supportive and friendly working environment.
► First class training to help you succeed in your professional exams and future career.
Exam and course fees are paid as are subsistence expenses for attending lectures outside Limerick. As part of our commitment to creating an inclusive learning culture we provide significant study and exam leave as well as self-development and technical training. We expect and support all our staff to expand their skill set and keep abreast of industry developments through in-house presentations, research and study courses.
We are looking for a motivated, highly numerate graduate with an excellent academic record in accounting and other technical subjects such as finance, statistics, economics etc. who possesses the ability to apply this learning in an analytical manner.
Audit trainees gain exposure to all areas of audit and accounts such as company audit, audit exemption, accounts preparation, company secretarial and corporation taxation. You will be part of a close-knit team and mentored to ensure you reach your full potential.
There’s a lot more to accounting than just balancing the books…
- Numeracy: accounting is quantitative – you must enjoy numerical analysis and getting to the heart of a problem.
- Leadership: smart inquiring thinkers who are able to take on responsibility for their own role and contribute meaningfully to a close-knit team.
- Logical thinker: take a logical approach and rationally work out problems.
- Trustworthy: gain the trust of your peers, managers and clients.
- Excellent attention to detail: the devil is in the detail. You have to be good at detail.
- Strong work ethic: be prepared to go the extra mile to get the job done.
- Good communicator: you must be clear and accurate in your verbal and written communications.
- Writing: produce clear, well structured, error-free documents.
- Professional attitude: in all your interactions with team mates, clients and third parties.
- Ambition to succeed: for yourself, in your work and studies, and for the firm and the clients you work for.
- Pride in the quality of your work: aim to be the best.
Application is by cover letter and CV by email only to Eimear Quin email@example.com. Selected candidates only will be called for interview. This position is due to start in September 2016.
Please include in your application:
- Why you are interested in pursuing a career in accounting.
- Any relevant work experience.
- College results – list the subjects and grades for each college year (can be an appendix to your CV).
- Ideally we are looking for students with exceptional results in quantitative, accounting, analytical and computational subjects at undergraduate or post-graduate level.
- Leaving Certificate – list the subjects, level, grades and points.Ideally we are looking for students with either honours in higher level mathematics or an A in ordinary level mathematics in the Leaving Certificate.
- Details (subjects and results) of any professional exams already undertaken.